a) to meet our contractual obligations to you
b) in the context of our legitimate interest in processing your personal data (for example for the purposes of internal administrative management, or detection or prevention of any criminal activity) or
1. WHO ARE WE?
2. HOW DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION?
Subject to applicable law, we collect information about you or any third party whose information you provide to us when:
- You register to use our websites, applications or services (including free trials); this may include your name, first name, city, country, email address and phone number. We may also ask you to provide us with additional information about your business and your preferences
- You place an order using our websites, applications or services; this may include your name (or business name), your address and contact information (including phone number and email address) and payment details
- You complete online forms (including reminder requests), take surveys, post messages on our discussion boards, post blogs, participate in contests or raffles, download information such as white papers or other publications, or participate in any activity offered on the various interactive areas on our website or on our application or service
- You interact with us using social networks
- You provide us with your contact details when you register or access any website, application or service that we make available or when you update these details
- You contact us offline, for example by telephone, fax, text, email or post, for example.
We will also collect your data when you complete only some of the fields to be completed on our site and/or on other online forms and/or when you abandon this entry along the way. We may use this data to contact you to remind you to enter missing information and/or for marketing purposes.
Subject to applicable law, we may supplement the personal data we collect with information obtained by third parties who are authorised to share it; for example, information from credit institutions, providers seeking information or public sources (for example, for the purposes of customer due diligence).
3. HOW DO WE USE YOUR DATA?
Subject to applicable laws, we collect and process your data for the following purposes:
- To provide any information and services you have requested and the applications or services you have ordered
- To compare the information for the purpose of checking its accuracy and corroborating it with third parties
- To provide, maintain, protect and enhance the applications, products, services and information you have requested from us
- To manage and administer the use you make of the applications, products and services you have asked us to provide
- To manage our business relationship (for example, customer service and support activities)
- To monitor, measure, enhance and protect our content, websites, applications and services and provide you with a personalised and quality user experience
- To carry out internal audits on our websites, applications, systems and services to test and improve their security and performance. If necessary, we will anonymise any information used for such testing purposes
- To provide you with any information we are required to provide to you in order to comply with our regulatory or legal obligations
- To detect, prevent, investigate or avoid criminal, illegal or prohibited activities, or to protect our rights (including liaising with law enforcement and regulatory agencies for these purposes)
- To contact you to find out whether you would like to take part in our customer surveys (for example, to obtain feedback on your use of our applications, products and services)
- To track and analyse statistics and comparisons jointly so as to avoid being identified or identifying any other individual
- To provide you with advertisements, marketing messages (including message banner windows) or targeted information that may be useful to you, based on your use of our applications and services
- To deliver content and services jointly with third parties with whom you have a separate relationship (for example, with social network providers)
- And to provide you with various location-dependent services (for example, advertising or other personalised content), when we collect geo-location data.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, we will retain your information after the DIS18 event closes if your request to take part in DIS18 is declined or you decide not to go ahead. This information will be stored and used for legal, regulatory, anti-fraud and legitimate conduct of our activities for the legally permitted period.
Our websites, applications (including mobile apps) and services may contain technologies that allow us to:
- Verify specific information from your device or systems necessary for your use of the websites, applications or services in relation to our records, to ensure that the websites, applications or services are used in compliance with our Terms and Conditions and our agreements with the end user and for the purpose of solving potential problems
- Obtain information about technical errors or other issues related to our websites, applications and services
- Gather information about how you and other users make use of the features of our websites, applications and services
- Retrieve statistical information about the operating system and the environment from which you access our applications or services.
You can manage your privacy settings in your browser or on our apps or services (if applicable).
We reserve the right to retain and record communications that we exchange, including emails and telephone conversations. The information we collect can then be used for the purposes of training, quality assurance, recording statistics about the use of websites, applications and the services you order from us or about which you ask for information and also in order to meet our legal and regulatory obligations more generally.
Mobile applications can provide us with information about their use by the user, as well as the use of our applications and services that the user has access to through these mobile applications. We may use this information for the purpose of providing and improving the mobile application or our own services or applications. For example, you can record an activity carried out using a mobile application.
You can configure the privacy settings of our mobile app on your device, which can affect the performance of the mobile app and how it interacts with our apps and services.
4. SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal data with: • DIS18 partners (for example: for overall information management and customer relationship management, and for the purposes of providing you with the information, applications, products or services that you have asked to receive) • Our service providers (including their subcontractors) or third parties who process the information on our behalf (for example, providers of Internet platforms or services and the companies we use to help us send communications) so that they can help us provide you with the applications, products, services and information you have asked to receive or that we think might be of interest to you
- Third parties, when you have a relationship with that third party and have consented to us transmitting information (for example, social networking sites or other third-party application providers)
- Third parties for marketing purposes (eg our partners and other third parties with whom we work and whose products, from our point of view, may be of interest to you in the conduct of your business activities) • Regulators, to meet the legal and regulatory obligations of Atos and Siemens.
- Police authorities, so that they can detect or prevent crimes or prosecute offenders
- Any third party, in the context of existing or pending legal proceedings, provided we are legally entitled to do so (for example, in response to an order issued by a court of law)
- Our own auditors and consultants, as well as those of Atos and Siemens, to fulfill our audit responsibilities
- Another company, if we sell or buy an activity or assets (or negotiate the sale or purchase of an activity or assets)
- Any other company to which we may be liable to assign the contract which binds us
- And the public bodies that the law in force requires us to inform. We may share, publicly or with third parties, information about our websites, applications, products or services, excluding any information that may identify you.
We may occasionally use your information to contact you for the purposes of providing you with information about our applications, products and services that may be of interest to you. We may also share your information with companies in our group and carefully selected third parties so that they (or we) may contact you to provide you with information about their products or services that may be of interest to you. To this end, you may be contacted by phone, post, text or email. You have the right to ask us to stop contacting you for marketing purposes at any time. You may also, at any time, ask us not to share your information with the third parties mentioned in this paragraph. If you wish, you may exercise these rights by selecting your contact preferences when you provide us with your personal data on our websites, applications or services, using any preference centre to which we give you access or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also unsubscribe from any email marketing and/or advertising campaign by by clicking on the link included in the emails we send you.
Advertising on a third-party platform
We may disclose your data to third-party platform providers (for example, Facebook, Google or Twitter) to send you targeted advertising content through the third-party platform and based on your profile and interests. Your data is used by the third-party platform provider to identify your account and display ads on your screen. You can control which advertisements you receive using the privacy settings of that vendor's platform, and you can also visit that third party's help centre for more information.
6. YOUR DATA AND YOUR RIGHTS
If you reside in the EEA or in another region governed by comparable data protection laws, in certain cases you will have the following rights:
- The right to know how we use your data and the right of access to your data
- The right to request the modification or deletion of your data as well as to limit the processing of your data
- The right to refuse the processing of your data, for example for marketing purposes
- The right to receive data about you that you have provided automatically in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, or to have it sent directly to another company, if technically feasible ("data portability")
- Where you have consented to the processing of your data, the right to withdraw your consent in accordance with legal or contractual limitations
- The right to refuse any decision based on automated processing of your personal data, including profiling
- And the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority responsible for data protection issues
- If you request a copy of your data, you may be required to pay certain fees.
If we have incorrect information about you or if your contact information has changed, please let us know so that we can correct and update our files.
We will retain your personal data for the duration of our business relationship and after its expiration for the period of time necessary for the legitimate conduct of our business, in accordance with the Atos and Siemens Policy on the Storage, Use and Destruction of Data, or to comply with applicable laws and regulations. In cases where we no longer need your personal data, we will destroy it in a secure way (without sending you any other notice).
8. SECURITY AND STORAGE OF PERSONAL DATA
We ensure the security of your data by taking the necessary technical and structural measures to prevent its unlawful or unauthorised processing or accidental loss, destruction and/or damage. We strive to protect our personal data to the best of our abilities. However, we can not guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our websites, applications or services or to other websites, applications and services via an Internet connection or any other connection. If we have given you (or if you have chosen) a password that allows you to access certain areas of our websites, applications or services, please keep it confidential: we will not share this password with anyone.
If you believe that your account has been hacked, please contact us at: email@example.com
9. TRANSFERS OUTSIDE THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA
In the European Union, personal data is protected by data protection laws. However, other countries do not necessarily protect your personal data in the same way.
10. OTHER SITES AND SOCIAL NETWORKS
Our websites, applications or services may allow you to share data with social networking sites or use social networking sites to create your account or log in to your social networking accounts. These social networking sites may automatically provide us with access to certain personal data about you that is stored by these sites (for example, any content you have viewed). It is your responsibility to manage your privacy settings from your own third-party social networking accounts so that you can choose what personal data you allow us to access from these third-party accounts.
11. COOKIES, STATISTICS AND TRAFFIC DATA
Our cookies may be session cookies (temporary cookies that identify and track users in our websites, applications or services and are deleted when you close your browser or leave your session in the application or service) or persistent cookies (cookies that allow our websites, applications or services to ‘remember' who you are and your preferences regarding our websites, applications or services and that remain on your computer or device after closing your browser or the end of your session in the application or service).
We use the following types of cookies:
- Essential cookies
These are cookies that are necessary for the proper functioning of our websites, applications or services. For example, these cookies allow you to access the secure parts of our website or to remind you of the contents of your basket
- Performance and statistical cookies
These cookies collect information about how visitors and users use our websites, applications and services, such as which feature is most used by visitors and whether visitors receive error messages from different areas of the websites, applications or services. These cookies do not collect information that could identify a visitor or a user. All information collected by these cookies is pooled and, therefore, anonymous. We only use these cookies to improve the functioning of our websites, applications and services.
- Functional cookies
These cookies allow our websites, applications and services to remember your choices (such as your username, your language or the region where you are located) and to offer improved, more personal features. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you made to the font or font size as well as other customisable aspects of the web pages. They can also be used to provide you with the services you have requested. The information collected by these cookies can be made anonymous; in addition, these cookies do not enable us to track your browsing activity on other websites.
- Targeting or advertising cookies
These cookies are used to deliver advertisements that are more relevant to you and your interests. They also serve to limit the number of times you view an ad and also help measure the effectiveness of an ad campaign. They are usually placed by ad networks, courtesy of the operators of the websites. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other companies, such as advertisers. Very often, cookies for marketing or advertising targeting purposes are related to a site feature provided by another company.
- Web beacons and other tracking technologies
- IP address and traffic data
We monitor traffic data automatically recorded by our servers, such as your IP address, information about your device, the website you visited before ours, and the website you visited after leaving ours. We also collect certain statistics from websites, applications and services, such as how often they are accessed, pages viewed and displayed. We are unable to identify a physical individual from traffic data or site statistics.
- Find out more about individual cookies and the statistics we use.
How to disable cookies
You can configure your browser or our websites, applications or services to limit cookies or block them completely, if you wish. However, you may find that disabling cookies will affect your ability to use certain parts of our websites, applications or services. For more information on cookies and how to adjust your browser settings to accept, delete or decline cookies, please visit the following link: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/fr/
12. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
If you have any questions about the processing of your data, the content thereof, your rights under applicable law, how to update your information or the steps you need to take to obtain a copy of your information in our possession, please write to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org